Secret No. 4 to Becoming a Successful Model – Be Confident!
The modeling industry can be a cruel place, and in order to survive the pressure, stayed composed and holding your ground play a huge role. The success of a model lies mostly in the way she carries and presents herself, which basically defines her level of confidence. This might seem difficult, but once you’re self-assured, it’s only a matter of time before you dominate those around you!
Steps for Looking and Feeling Confident
Being confidence is one thing, showing it off is a totally different story! People will criticize and put you down often. Here are some of the best tips you can use to crush all the negativity around you, stay strong and stand tall.
Step 1 – Be True to Yourself
Live your life according to your set of values. Learn to take criticism and advice, but only use what you think will help develop your personality and long-term career. Learn to make decisions independently. Remember:
- You are responsible for your own happiness.
- Your thoughts and feelings are priority.
Step 2 – Look Confident
It is often said, “Fake it till you make it”. It’s not important and possible to feel confident all the time. Not every outfit will look the way you want it to, and not every make-up session will result in your desired look. However, if you repeatedly reassure yourself that you are a confident, capable individual no matter what your look is, you will ultimately become one as well! The following tricks will help:
- Work on your presentation. Strictly monitor your hygiene and overall appearance on a daily basis. This includes taking a daily shower, brushing your teeth at least three times a day, etc.
- Dress confidently. Don’t let any outfit overpower you. YOU are in charge.
- You might a makeover or wardrobe change, but whatever you do, make sure you’re comfortable with it. Wearing clothes that you feel contented with automatically gives off a confident vibe.
Picture Source: www.styleinapile.blogpost.com
Picture Source: www.fashionoftheyears.blogpost.com
Step 3 – Stand Tall
The way you carry yourself conveys a lot about your inner-confidence. Research has shown that the mind takes cues from the body. A confident and determined body-language signals the mind to feel the same! Also, the first thing a potential client notices when a model first comes forward is her posture and poise. Use these tips to make sure you let them know who’s in charge:
- Walk with a purpose. Keep your shoulders back and your spine straight.
- Never drag your feet.
- Keep your face straight and your chin high.
Step 4 – Don’t Forget to Smile
No one is attracted to a dull face. A warm and appropriate smile can light up an entire room and disarm any uncomfortable situation. You are more likely to be approached by a potential client if you appear to be warm and inviting. Remember the following points:
- Make sure your smile is genuine. It you think you can’t pull it off, keep your smile small.
- If you’re actually happy and comfortable, turn that frown upside down and use your teeth to your advantage!
Picture Source: www.thelovelyplanet.net
Step 5 – Make and Maintain Eye Contact
A model simply cannot be shy. If you can’t look other people on the eye while talking to them, work on improving this skill. Meeting and holding someone’s gaze shows that you are interested in what they are saying and respect their opinion. It also makes the other person feel appreciated, making you more likeable.
Moreover, your eyes say a lot about you. They can easily showcase your inner feelings. Make sure that you feel confident and composed when you look someone in the eyes.
Picture Source: www.tribune.com.pk
Step 6 – Overcome Your Insecurities
Identify the things that make you feel uncomfortable or insecure. Is it something personal? Something superficial? Something tragic? Whatever the cause, identify it and learn to overcome it. Your career depends on it!
ModelsHunter is all about helping you become the best model you can be. From attitude to poise to walking to talking: own what you’re about! Trust us; there is nothing more desirable than a confident young woman.